Established in 1978, KCCC is the third community center brought in by Charleston Parks and Recreation (and at that time Public Grounds). This center is a multifaceted facility that is free to our community members. With 17,000 square feet, this center boasts plenty of activities, recreational space, and amenities available for public use. Majority of our amenities are on a first come, first served basis. If you have questions, please ask Center staff.
- Weight Room complete with individual free weights, standard barbells, and numerous cable machines
- Gymnasium with a regulation size, indoor basketball court (completely redone 2017)
- Game Room that includes table tennis, a pool table, corn hole boads, and a foosball table
- Cardio Room with treadmills, ellipticals, and exercise bikes.
- Computer Lab / Homework Room
While our amenities are free, KCCC does offer a 20x25 Meeting Room at an affordable rate that’s perfect for birthdays, parties, family gatherings and more.
- 8 outdoor tennis courts, basketball court
- Outdoor, seasonal swimming pool that's 25 meters in length
- A large play area/playground for children
- Little League baseball field (by schedule only)
KCCC is also home to the UC Softball Field used by the UC women’s softball team for practice. Their field is also utilized for soccer practice, inter-murals and summer softball leagues.
Come check out the Kanawha City Community Center!