Martin Luther King Jr.
Established in 1978, the “King Center” is conveniently located near the Charleston Town Center Mall. This 21,000 square foot facility was brought into the City of Charleston around the same time as the Kanawha City Community Center. Patrons are welcome to use our Center’s amenities free of charge. The Majority of our spaces are first come, first served. If you have questions, please contact Center staff.
- Boxing Room complete with speedbags, heavy bags and a downsized boxing ring
- Gynmasium with full size, indoor basketball court, which has been recently refurbished
- Weight Room with free weights and machines
- Cardio Room with treadmills, elliptical, and an exercise bike
- Game Room with a pool table, air hockey table, and a foosball table
- Computer Lab/Homework Room
- Women’s Fitness Lab
- Meeting/ Community Room
- Softball field
- Outdoor seasonal swimming pool
- Outdoor play area/playground
- “Outdoor classroom”-- Natural Playground that offers youth open spaces, climbing and crawling spaces, nature art areas, gardens and more
- 2 Outdoor tennis courts and a tennis practice wall
- 2 Outdoor Basketball Courts
- 1 Outdoor Futsal Court
Come check out the Martin Luther King Jr. Community Center!