While the NCCC has been a long standing center in the community, estimated back to the 1950s, North Charleston’s Community Center was re-established in 1988. Our largest center sitting at 24,000 square feet, “North” is an ample center for activities, events, and general recreation. While many of our outdoor fields require scheduling in advance, you may still enjoy our facility free of charge—on a first come, first served basis. If you have questions, please contact Center staff.
- Gymnasium with indoor, basketball court is the only court complete with basketball, volleyball and pickleball lines
- Weight Room that offers free weights, as well as cable machines
- Cardio Room with treadmills, ellipticals and exercise bikes (the largest of our Center’s)
- Women's Fitness Room with weights, a cable-styled machine, and cardio equipment for the ladies who want to workout in a more controlled space (no men!)
- Game Room that includes a pool table and a ping pong table
North also has one of the larger Meeting Rooms available to the public to rent at a reasonable rate.
- Multiple Softball Fields
- 2 outdoor play areas/playgrounds
- Outdoor basketball Court
- the only center with a dog park
- Outdoor, seasonal pool
North is also home to The Western Generals- Charleston’s youth football league.
- Mondays - Pickleball/Volley Split Court - 6:00pm - 8:30pm
- Tuesdays - Pickleball - 9:00am - 12:30pm
- Wednesdays - Men's Full Court Basketball - 6:00pm - 8:30pm
- Thursdays - Pickleball - 9am - 12:30pm
- Fridays - Pickleball - 9:00am - 12:30pm
Come check out the North Charleston Community Center!