While the NCCC has been a long standing center in the community, estimated back to the 1950s, North Charleston’s Community Center was re-established in 1988. Our largest center sitting at 24,000 square feet, “North” is an ample center for activities, events, and general recreation. While many of our outdoor fields require scheduling in advance, you may still enjoy our facility free of charge—on a first come, first served basis. If you have questions, please contact Center staff.
- Gymnasium with indoor, basketball court is the only court complete with basketball, volleyball and pickleball lines
- Weight Room that offers free weights, as well as cable machines
- Cardio Room with treadmills, ellipticals and exercise bikes (the largest of our Center’s)
- Women's Fitness Room with weights, a cable-styled machine, and cardio equipment for the ladies who want to workout in a more controlled space (no men!)
- Game Room that includes a pool table and a ping pong table
- Computer Lab/ Homework Room
North also has one of the larger Meeting Rooms available to the public to rent at a reasonable rate.
- Multiple Softball Fields
- 2 outdoor play areas/playgrounds
- Outdoor basketball Court
- the only center with a dog park
- Outdoor, seasonal pool
North Charleston is the home of Capital City Cougars Youth Football
Get In Touch
2009 7th Ave
Charleston, WV 25387
Monday - Friday 9am - 9pm
Saturday 9am - 5pm
Asst. Program Coordinator:
North Charleston Gallery
Come check out the North Charleston Community Center!